Tuesday 14 October 2008

Cutter

Just found the time to post full size pictures of the Cutter. As I said in the last post, I really enjoyed painting this one and I'm happy with the way it came out.

I actually had the idea for the base before I painted the miniature. I wanted to put the miniature in a contemporary setting, and in an action situation. The idea is that he is taking fire from an enemy and one of the rounds has just hit the sign post behind him - which is why he's twisting round. I used pastels fairly extensively for the base - I really like the dry, dusty feel they give. I shave off a little of the colour I want with a sharp blade, and apply it with a small brush, just like you would a normal weathering powder.

I would really like to paint some more Infinity miniatures, they have such a different feel from anything I have ever painted before. This one is the next Infinity mini on my list (the Avatar is pretty great though...) - but the list is quite long, so it might be a while before I get to it... 

mike


1 comment:

KelRiever said...

This is really great work, and the color scheme, hands down, beats the studio (though I do like the quality of that paint job). As a guy who paints to game, I could only encourage you to give Infinity a little spin as it is fun to play with friends. Of course, if you couldn't bear to play with this Cutter, you might just have to paint another for gaming....

Really looking forward to more Infinity models in your gallery.

-Derek-