Tuesday 22 September 2009

Seraphine Le Roux


















The third Studio McVey Limited Edition resin miniature is now available! I have just updated the main website, and Seraphine is now on sale in the Studio Store. Of course this is old news to anyone on the mailing list! We pre-released her to members of the mailing list at the weekend - so don't forget to sign up if you want to receive pre-release offers and exclusive news.

Seraphine is our first female miniature - and what an woman to start with! Ali drew up the concept for this one, and she was sculpted by Jacques-Alexandre Gillois (who also made The Raven Priest) - it really is a beautiful piece...

As with our previous Limited Edition miniatures, we will be giving away the Studio painted version in a free prize draw. Once the full run has sold out we will randomly draw a number between 1 and 750, and the holder of that certificate will win the studio miniature of their choice. I haven't painted this one yet - but I will be surprised if I come anywhere near the quality of Ali's version... So it should be an easy choice!

Ali is going to be doing a step by step article on the blog soon, to show how she paints darker flesh tones. In the mean time Ali has posted her over on Coolminiornot - please show her some love!

We're really proud of this miniature - so we hope you like her!

mike

ps - I haven't forgotten about the step by step Broga article, I know I promised to get it all wrapped up before the next release, but the best laid plans...

3 comments:

Toosh said...

Wow, this mini is the best one you have had made, in my opinion. Not seen anything else like her :)

Please, please tell us the recipe you used for the skin-tones!!

Grats, Toosh

Kingdom Death said...

I still can't get over the painted tarot cards.

Tzarinchilla said...

I am really impressed with your range of models and this one is just as great if not better than your others. The detailing looks fantastic and the facial features are just spot on. As soon as I saw it, I had to order me one before they all sell out.

Looks like im going to have to check your line of minis on a very regular basis as if they are all even half as good as this one then they will be worth having.